Sword that Wielded the Hand
The hand did not know.
The left and the right.
The up and the side swipe.
The hand to the sword yielded.
The sword to the hand wielded.
The back and forth exchange,
The motion that would later change.
The destruct of soldiers,
On perilous grounds,
As they moved along,
Ominously black frontiers.
The sword wielded,
The soldier's hand.
It's trajectory moving wild,
In an unpredictable land.
The hand asked the sword,
'Why are you moving me,
In a way I don't wish to,
The soldier asked as his anxiety grew.
'Why do you force me to,
Side slice, thrust forward,
Move to the left and to the right?
Why do you plunge into someone's blood? '
The sword answered, 'it is your perception,
That I cause the carnage,
When it is you who do it,
Because you want to.'
And a blood dipped sword,
The hand dropped it,
As the sword stood still.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sword that Wielded the Hand by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa