The blatant horns blare strident sound;
Delighted, you laugh and seize
My passive arm, but I have found
Content in the harmonies.
They sound, are silent; please or annoy,
Are not clever, cruel, or coy
Like human qualities.
See agile fingers in frantic flight
Along the smoking row
Of piano keys cut from ebony night
And from the sullied snow
Of the city. Look love, listen love, tell me--
Where does the music come from really,
Where does it really go?
Planets are tensed to a single chord
Of absolute harmony
Sounding from a cosmic keyboard,
Unheard by you and me;
Yet we re attuned; who understands
That can see the judgment-hands
Poised above the keys.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Swing Song by John Williams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh Cut Dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake A Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar