Holding you in my arms,
peeping through the windows of your eyes.
Is it your breath or mine?
who knows, who cares!
I'm in heaven, I can't be alive.
From here I don't want to rise.
Icecream on your face,
the smile on my lips.
Your anger turning into passion,
fire melting us into one.
I don't want to escape from this,
all around me I only see tulips.
I wake up wishing I was still asleep.
Gone are the days, I'm left in pain.
Is it raining or am I crying?
Am I dead, or am I dying?
My love has been swept away,
I think I've missed my train.
I miss you, tis you,
forever on my mind.
This life I don't want.
Where is everybody, why can't I hear anything?
You have taken everyone, everything with you.
Are you not there? or have I gone blind.
Memories of you are keeping me alive,
though I am dying every moment.
I'll give it one more try.
The passion you started is still burning,
Your Romeo is tossing and turning.
My heart is pumping you instead of blood.
I feel joy even in your torment.
All I did was kiss, kiss, kiss you.
It's tough, my heart is in pieces, ailing.
D'you hear me? now I miss, miss, miss you!
I have come to the autumn of my love,
The leaves are falling and so am I shedding tears.
Come and see yourself how my health is failing!
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Privacy & cookies
English (United Kingdom)
Comments about this poem (Sweet Pain by ashfaq bakali )
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)