Holding you in my arms,
peeping through the windows of your eyes.
Is it your breath or mine?
who knows, who cares!
I'm in heaven, I can't be alive.
From here I don't want to rise.
Icecream on your face,
the smile on my lips.
Your anger turning into passion,
fire melting us into one.
I don't want to escape from this,
all around me I only see tulips.
I wake up wishing I was still asleep.
Gone are the days, I'm left in pain.
Is it raining or am I crying?
Am I dead, or am I dying?
My love has been swept away,
I think I've missed my train.
I miss you, tis you,
forever on my mind.
This life I don't want.
Where is everybody, why can't I hear anything?
You have taken everyone, everything with you.
Are you not there? or have I gone blind.
Memories of you are keeping me alive,
though I am dying every moment.
I'll give it one more try.
The passion you started is still burning,
Your Romeo is tossing and turning.
My heart is pumping you instead of blood.
I feel joy even in your torment.
All I did was kiss, kiss, kiss you.
It's tough, my heart is in pieces, ailing.
D'you hear me? now I miss, miss, miss you!
I have come to the autumn of my love,
The leaves are falling and so am I shedding tears.
Come and see yourself how my health is failing!
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Privacy & cookies
English (United Kingdom)
Comments about this poem (Sweet Pain by ashfaq bakali )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov