Holding you in my arms,
peeping through the windows of your eyes.
Is it your breath or mine?
who knows, who cares!
I'm in heaven, I can't be alive.
From here I don't want to rise.
Icecream on your face,
the smile on my lips.
Your anger turning into passion,
fire melting us into one.
I don't want to escape from this,
all around me I only see tulips.
I wake up wishing I was still asleep.
Gone are the days, I'm left in pain.
Is it raining or am I crying?
Am I dead, or am I dying?
My love has been swept away,
I think I've missed my train.
I miss you, tis you,
forever on my mind.
This life I don't want.
Where is everybody, why can't I hear anything?
You have taken everyone, everything with you.
Are you not there? or have I gone blind.
Memories of you are keeping me alive,
though I am dying every moment.
I'll give it one more try.
The passion you started is still burning,
Your Romeo is tossing and turning.
My heart is pumping you instead of blood.
I feel joy even in your torment.
All I did was kiss, kiss, kiss you.
It's tough, my heart is in pieces, ailing.
D'you hear me? now I miss, miss, miss you!
I have come to the autumn of my love,
The leaves are falling and so am I shedding tears.
Come and see yourself how my health is failing!
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Privacy & cookies
English (United Kingdom)
Comments about this poem (Sweet Pain by ashfaq bakali )
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
- On the Seas and far away, Robert Burns
- Steel Funeral, Dazairie Ronay
- Masonic Song—Ye Sons of Old Killie, Robert Burns
- Lost My Smile, Ronald Chapman
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)