Holding you in my arms,
peeping through the windows of your eyes.
Is it your breath or mine?
who knows, who cares!
I'm in heaven, I can't be alive.
From here I don't want to rise.
Icecream on your face,
the smile on my lips.
Your anger turning into passion,
fire melting us into one.
I don't want to escape from this,
all around me I only see tulips.
I wake up wishing I was still asleep.
Gone are the days, I'm left in pain.
Is it raining or am I crying?
Am I dead, or am I dying?
My love has been swept away,
I think I've missed my train.
I miss you, tis you,
forever on my mind.
This life I don't want.
Where is everybody, why can't I hear anything?
You have taken everyone, everything with you.
Are you not there? or have I gone blind.
Memories of you are keeping me alive,
though I am dying every moment.
I'll give it one more try.
The passion you started is still burning,
Your Romeo is tossing and turning.
My heart is pumping you instead of blood.
I feel joy even in your torment.
All I did was kiss, kiss, kiss you.
It's tough, my heart is in pieces, ailing.
D'you hear me? now I miss, miss, miss you!
I have come to the autumn of my love,
The leaves are falling and so am I shedding tears.
Come and see yourself how my health is failing!
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Privacy & cookies
English (United Kingdom)
Comments about this poem (Sweet Pain by ashfaq bakali )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 5, 1934)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Snail I am, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Seurat, Ira Sadoff
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany