Holding you in my arms,
peeping through the windows of your eyes.
Is it your breath or mine?
who knows, who cares!
I'm in heaven, I can't be alive.
From here I don't want to rise.
Icecream on your face,
the smile on my lips.
Your anger turning into passion,
fire melting us into one.
I don't want to escape from this,
all around me I only see tulips.
I wake up wishing I was still asleep.
Gone are the days, I'm left in pain.
Is it raining or am I crying?
Am I dead, or am I dying?
My love has been swept away,
I think I've missed my train.
I miss you, tis you,
forever on my mind.
This life I don't want.
Where is everybody, why can't I hear anything?
You have taken everyone, everything with you.
Are you not there? or have I gone blind.
Memories of you are keeping me alive,
though I am dying every moment.
I'll give it one more try.
The passion you started is still burning,
Your Romeo is tossing and turning.
My heart is pumping you instead of blood.
I feel joy even in your torment.
All I did was kiss, kiss, kiss you.
It's tough, my heart is in pieces, ailing.
D'you hear me? now I miss, miss, miss you!
I have come to the autumn of my love,
The leaves are falling and so am I shedding tears.
Come and see yourself how my health is failing!
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Privacy & cookies
English (United Kingdom)
Comments about this poem (Sweet Pain by ashfaq bakali )
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns