Surely, My Time Will Come
when seeing the stars on the television,
that is when i turned my vision to a mission
and my heart open like an enclosure
in the heart of an ocean.
I hear them
yes i heard the guys fighting for my autograph
and the girls dieing for my photographs.
With a sarcaitical laugh,
i scale it all on a graph.
Truely, its all yet to happen
but i am determined like a raven.
I fight for my half,
and win on theire behalf.
If truely the oceaan flows,
and the summer is alwys warm
withe the winter so cold
then no doubt
my time will come
animashaun ayomide's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Surely, My Time Will Come by animashaun ayomide )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock