Sharon Jane Lansbury
Super Model Mouse
Dear Sir or Madam,
I was most surprised to see
in this month’s Country Magazine
a delightful shot of me!
It was taken by my nephew
on a lovely summer’s day,
in nineteen ninety three I think,
towards the end of May.
We had a family outing
with a picnic by the pond;
we must have walked a mile or two
to Aylesbury and beyond!
There were nuts and fruits to nibble on
and flasks of home-made wine,
spread out upon a table cloth,
lest standards should decline.
Examples must be set, you see,
for our smaller folk,
who must grow up to know for sure
that manners are no joke.
And equally, we teach our young
to respect things great and small;
tread carefully through the wood and field,
look up to short, as well as tall!
Now I digress, forgive me please,
your article made me squeak –
to see that some kind human has
invented National Mammal Week!
Well I hope you like my poem
for your little competition,
and I do applaud your efforts
for us mammals on a mission!
Most grateful you will find us
for your kindly help and care,
but could I ask a favour
if a tiny mouse should dare?
Now I’m a famous model
in your glossy magazine,
would you kindly send my fan mail
to Messrs. Pip and Tween?
They are recommended agents
within the model world;
(this amazing, heady famous place,
in to which I have been hurled!)
Now lastly, I must tell you that,
although I always like to please,
all interviews and photographs
are charged at twenty lumps of cheese!
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Super Model Mouse by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
- The ones we Love, Leroy Numa
- Unriven, Saiom Shriver
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns