Sharon Jane Lansbury
Super Model Mouse
Dear Sir or Madam,
I was most surprised to see
in this month’s Country Magazine
a delightful shot of me!
It was taken by my nephew
on a lovely summer’s day,
in nineteen ninety three I think,
towards the end of May.
We had a family outing
with a picnic by the pond;
we must have walked a mile or two
to Aylesbury and beyond!
There were nuts and fruits to nibble on
and flasks of home-made wine,
spread out upon a table cloth,
lest standards should decline.
Examples must be set, you see,
for our smaller folk,
who must grow up to know for sure
that manners are no joke.
And equally, we teach our young
to respect things great and small;
tread carefully through the wood and field,
look up to short, as well as tall!
Now I digress, forgive me please,
your article made me squeak –
to see that some kind human has
invented National Mammal Week!
Well I hope you like my poem
for your little competition,
and I do applaud your efforts
for us mammals on a mission!
Most grateful you will find us
for your kindly help and care,
but could I ask a favour
if a tiny mouse should dare?
Now I’m a famous model
in your glossy magazine,
would you kindly send my fan mail
to Messrs. Pip and Tween?
They are recommended agents
within the model world;
(this amazing, heady famous place,
in to which I have been hurled!)
Now lastly, I must tell you that,
although I always like to please,
all interviews and photographs
are charged at twenty lumps of cheese!
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Super Model Mouse by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey