Sunny Saturday Afternoon
Sitting on a bench
by a small lake in the sun,
watching the ripples on the water
race towards the shore,
the air held a stillness
of a world in tranquility.
I sat and watched Mother Nature
perform in all her glory
from a bench
on a quiet afternoon.
Ducks and Moor Hens
swam silently through the water.
I sat there watching quietly
leaving the rest of the world behind.
The quiet was rejuvenating
to any weakening spirit around,
just sitting there in silence
on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunny Saturday Afternoon by David Harris )
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen