Sunny Saturday Afternoon
Sitting on a bench
by a small lake in the sun,
watching the ripples on the water
race towards the shore,
the air held a stillness
of a world in tranquility.
I sat and watched Mother Nature
perform in all her glory
from a bench
on a quiet afternoon.
Ducks and Moor Hens
swam silently through the water.
I sat there watching quietly
leaving the rest of the world behind.
The quiet was rejuvenating
to any weakening spirit around,
just sitting there in silence
on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunny Saturday Afternoon by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara