The sun's magnetic field this year
Will do a reverse of its poles.
The north and south will reappear
Doing the opposite of roles.
Ev'ry eleven years, the sun
Does this topsy-turvy routine.
No Hollywood type doomsday done.
Dazzling auroras make the scene.
Experts have theories on the why,
But no one really knows for sure.
Complicated - so simplify
What makes this crescendo occur.
Why are the sun poles 'bout to flip?
A jumbo hamster makes the trip.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sun-nuS by Ima Ryma )
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)