It was like homecoming of
timber rattle snake.
A bit jarring.
Signs were acquitted,
when the summer becomes
sensuous at dusk.
I start collecting the colors
from sky. The night was
moving behind the moon-
like a concubine, in black
skirt. Amidst the gray clouds
a green man was laughing.
The death’s translation
was simple. Nobody will
attend the funeral of sun.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SUMMER’S FAULT by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Foolish Ghosts, Pijush Biswas
- आदुंगारिनिसिम, Bahadur Basumatary
- Dancing on a Moonlit Night, Ronald Chapman
- Time For The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Lonely Rose, Ronald Chapman
- Grandmother Dickey, Kate Harrington
- Hey There Girl, Ronald Chapman
- Gone To Sleep, Kate Harrington
- Korea! Always In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Young Liars With Medallions, Naveed Akram