It was like homecoming of
timber rattle snake.
A bit jarring.
Signs were acquitted,
when the summer becomes
sensuous at dusk.
I start collecting the colors
from sky. The night was
moving behind the moon-
like a concubine, in black
skirt. Amidst the gray clouds
a green man was laughing.
The death’s translation
was simple. Nobody will
attend the funeral of sun.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SUMMER’S FAULT by Satish Verma )
- Epistle to the Rev. John M'Math, Robert Burns
- Lord Gregory: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- The Winter it is Past, Robert Burns
- NIT jalandhar diyan galan(punjai), jagmeet singh
- Epistle to William Simson, Robert Burns
- Farewell to Eliza, Robert Burns
- The Kirk of Scotland's Alarm: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Dumourier's Desertion of th.., Robert Burns
- I Love my Love in Secret, Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Mrs. Riddell's Birthday, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)