Have the broken cookie that's left? No, I don't mind.
For you know broken cookies are one of a kind.
My hair is not combed and I need a manicure -
One that through scrubbing dishes the color endures.
Dust - I dusted away but some is back again.
A dress I shortened myself has a crooked hem.
This summer I'll sip peach juice with champagne on ice
And make lemonade from lemons - a paradise!
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Dreams by Gayle Sweeney )
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan