Peter Daniel Phiri
Such Is Life
I guess in the end everything seems to follow
the same pattern as mother nature.
As young kids, like the grass of the forest,
We played together,
Peace, love and harmony ever abundant in our hearts.
As the years went by,
Once a stranger..
Became a surprise captain controlling the ship.
Then the battles began,
Many bonds were untied,
Survival of the fittest was the law,
Just like in a savanna jungle..
After some time,
Like after every storm or war,
And our hearts were filled with love...
Then we tried to make up for lost time...
But like the birds in a nest,
All had departed,
Riding on the fast lane of life..
Somewhat driving us further apart..
Just like the stars in the sky.
Dreams running different directions,
We started to paint ourselves,
With different thoughts,
And whenever we came together..
We seemed to be forming a rainbow...
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Such Is Life by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal