Peter Daniel Phiri
Such Is Life
I guess in the end everything seems to follow
the same pattern as mother nature.
As young kids, like the grass of the forest,
We played together,
Peace, love and harmony ever abundant in our hearts.
As the years went by,
Once a stranger..
Became a surprise captain controlling the ship.
Then the battles began,
Many bonds were untied,
Survival of the fittest was the law,
Just like in a savanna jungle..
After some time,
Like after every storm or war,
And our hearts were filled with love...
Then we tried to make up for lost time...
But like the birds in a nest,
All had departed,
Riding on the fast lane of life..
Somewhat driving us further apart..
Just like the stars in the sky.
Dreams running different directions,
We started to paint ourselves,
With different thoughts,
And whenever we came together..
We seemed to be forming a rainbow...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Such Is Life by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi