PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
success is not child`s candy
fire place warm winter evening
giggling gossips with favorite brandy!
a single trophy several mementos
too many hands too too many hearts
medals and medallions vie with each other
neck-to-neck fight between him and his twin brother.
hours gathered sweat beads with sour patience
delight themselves at final rich harvest.
all out earnest efforts day in day out
may bear fruits or pin all the raised hopes.
the means is as bright as daylight
or maybe a bit crook towards the last height.
good or bad many many side effects
come out easily to so so many eyes.
empty hands are up to unearth the mystery
why on earth only few hands lift the trophy!
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (success mystery! by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady