If I were to be not myself,
then I would rather not want this success,
If I were to unlearn all my values and principles,
then what is the use of learning the tactics of this success,
If I were to barter the blissful moments with my loved ones, for this maddening race, then I would prefer, this success, to not to be chased.
If my smile and emotions have to be fake,
then I would rather not socialize just for the heck (of it) .
Yes, it is important even for me to have success,
The realization of aspirations is what is my success.
The utilization of skills and tapping of potential, is what is my success..
The zeal to learn and always wanting to improve, is what is my success..
To compete with none but myself, is what is my success..
The satisfaction of giving and contributing, is my success..
I want this success and am moving only towards this SUCCESS! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Success by Nivedita Chatterjee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong