(Stuff and Nonsense) Limericks Schlimericks
Recently I heard a poet say that limericks should not rhyme because there is no rhyme for the word 'limerick'. This seemed flimsy reasoning to me but anyway I set myself to find some rhymes for Limerick. Here are some of the (very silly) results:
Said a poet composing a limerick
'I'll share an ice cream with my love and give him a lick'
She wrote down her rhyme
And he said 'about time,
And I'd appreciate it if we could take in a flick.'
A poet composing a Limerick
Said finding a rhyme gave him quite a kick.
He rhymed Clever with Ever
And Weather with Whether
And found that he'd written a Cork
A poet who always wrote limericks
Was known as a terrible cleverdick.
They said that her verse
Was sarcastic and terse
Or silly and smart-arsed - you take your pick!
Janice Windle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Stuff and Nonsense) Limericks Schlimericks by Janice Windle )
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)