(Stuff and Nonsense) Limericks Schlimericks
Recently I heard a poet say that limericks should not rhyme because there is no rhyme for the word 'limerick'. This seemed flimsy reasoning to me but anyway I set myself to find some rhymes for Limerick. Here are some of the (very silly) results:
Said a poet composing a limerick
'I'll share an ice cream with my love and give him a lick'
She wrote down her rhyme
And he said 'about time,
And I'd appreciate it if we could take in a flick.'
A poet composing a Limerick
Said finding a rhyme gave him quite a kick.
He rhymed Clever with Ever
And Weather with Whether
And found that he'd written a Cork
A poet who always wrote limericks
Was known as a terrible cleverdick.
They said that her verse
Was sarcastic and terse
Or silly and smart-arsed - you take your pick!
Janice Windle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Stuff and Nonsense) Limericks Schlimericks by Janice Windle )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid