Students and teachers - attitude, gratitude solitude
Students and teachers were once buddies
They discussed other issues not only on studies
On academic and co-curricular activities
They shared many things including movies
Teachers and students on stage, performed
Singing some songs in rooms and dorm
Many joined in, in order to conform
Those who lacked talent, seek reform
"I think you have not grasp the concept"
"Understanding physiology in great dept"
"The way you answer I cannot accept"
"Next time, give answers that are more apt"
Those were conversations in good old days,
Students now have no time for sports or plays
Teachers on the other hand are busy with ‘raise'
"Role model you say? Are they in place? "
Now students respect their teachers less
Teachers insist the students digress
Teachers and students are both unimpressed
Urgently we need, problem be addressed
"How do we go back to good old days? "
"Research is keeping us busy always"
"Publish or perish the cliché says"
"Sorry, I have no time to waste"!
These are conversations of the day
Let's sit down and discuss today
How to relive the warmth of heyday
Hope to get back to that mood someday
This was penned down sometime in November 2005 when there was discussion at the School Board on increasingly negative attitude of students
Noor Othman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Students and teachers - attitude, gratitude solitude by Noor Othman )
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)