Students and teachers - attitude, gratitude solitude
Students and teachers were once buddies
They discussed other issues not only on studies
On academic and co-curricular activities
They shared many things including movies
Teachers and students on stage, performed
Singing some songs in rooms and dorm
Many joined in, in order to conform
Those who lacked talent, seek reform
"I think you have not grasp the concept"
"Understanding physiology in great dept"
"The way you answer I cannot accept"
"Next time, give answers that are more apt"
Those were conversations in good old days,
Students now have no time for sports or plays
Teachers on the other hand are busy with ‘raise'
"Role model you say? Are they in place? "
Now students respect their teachers less
Teachers insist the students digress
Teachers and students are both unimpressed
Urgently we need, problem be addressed
"How do we go back to good old days? "
"Research is keeping us busy always"
"Publish or perish the cliché says"
"Sorry, I have no time to waste"!
These are conversations of the day
Let's sit down and discuss today
How to relive the warmth of heyday
Hope to get back to that mood someday
This was penned down sometime in November 2005 when there was discussion at the School Board on increasingly negative attitude of students
Noor Othman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Students and teachers - attitude, gratitude solitude by Noor Othman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Much more powerful, gajanan mishra
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa