I walked amidst the shadows, that curtained life,
I looked for the sun to relieve my pain,
if you had been with me it would have released the hurt,
But you were absent when my need was great.
It does not matter, now, I know that now,
I am comforted by your presence, beside me,
l live each day for each day,
And you, my love.
The time is near when my absence may hurt you,
But dwell not on that, but on what we have been,
And if in future times you need a love,
I will smile on your need and bless you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (stress free by Damian Cranney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Movement, Marshall Gass
- The lone sparrow., Marshall Gass
- Always, C.k. Pearse
- marigolds, Marshall Gass
- Distance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter's Untrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Forbidding Mourning, Lilly Emery
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse