Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
Strangers Dining Table
Strangers met at a dining table
My heart's table.
The eldest was turbaned
The second ascetic
The third erotic
The fourth a drunkard
The fifth omniscient
The sixth comic
The seventh a magician.
Instead of a joyful talk
On the affairs of birds, women and the life after death
The whole lot exchanged insults and calling names.
Then one of them proposed firing …
I was about to die!
I was the eighth … the dumb!
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strangers Dining Table by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- JGP, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Lost in Fourth dimension, Madrason writer
- Cyberneet poeet, Madrason writer
- You Speak to Me, Lukie Pieterse
- I LOVED HER, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love Overpowers All, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- BY THE WATER TOWER., Terry Collett
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)