If Heaven And Hell decide,
to take things in their own stride,
no man would be a Sinner or a Saint;
but the Rules of Eternity are way too quaint...
For all, if Cupid decides to just once strike,
and spare the people from Love's Hitch-Hike, '
no hearts will ever be broken or shattered;
but the Rules of Love are far more tattered...
If every Tiger decides to feed,
on no flesh but only on grass and weed,
no deer would ever hate food-chain;
but the Rules of Nature are bound with pain...
If God decides to bless each Man,
with no Grieves in his entire Life-span,
no Man would ever bow down and pray;
and so the Rules of Life are full of dismay...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Strange Rules' by Sujay Patekar )
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)