If Heaven And Hell decide,
to take things in their own stride,
no man would be a Sinner or a Saint;
but the Rules of Eternity are way too quaint...
For all, if Cupid decides to just once strike,
and spare the people from Love's Hitch-Hike, '
no hearts will ever be broken or shattered;
but the Rules of Love are far more tattered...
If every Tiger decides to feed,
on no flesh but only on grass and weed,
no deer would ever hate food-chain;
but the Rules of Nature are bound with pain...
If God decides to bless each Man,
with no Grieves in his entire Life-span,
no Man would ever bow down and pray;
and so the Rules of Life are full of dismay...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Strange Rules' by Sujay Patekar )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid