Your key does not fit the door.
We cannot meet anymore.
I have tried to say 'Goodbye',
but you will be the one to try
and keep this pledge as before.
The champagne stood chilled,
ready for our glasses to be filled.
The lights are turned down low
and the music playing is very slow.
This last meeting by me willed.
The coded knock on the door
signalled me to quickly pour
the glasses to half measure.
I let in my life's treasure.
Your presence fills my very core.
Our bodies hungrily entwine
fuelled by the ample wine.
Passions are riding high
as you finally say, 'Goodbye.'
I know that you will always be mine.
Suzette Richards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
are all we have
My resolve cave
Only stolen moments
Comments about this poem (Stolen Moments by Suzette Richards )
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns