Still With Me
I awoke today with the Son holding my hand,
Telling me 'Today's the day I heal your land.'
He took me to the Book and He taught me to say,
'Lord thank you again for a beautiful day.'
Then closing my eyes and clasping my hands,
He pushed back all of life's hard demands.
Then grabbing my arm and helping me rise,
'I love you son.' As He looked me in the eyes.
I fell back down and started to weep,
Asking why now His promise He'd keep.
Then He shook His head and let out a sigh,
Tears in His eyes he said, 'For you I'd die.'
And then I saw where the whip had bit,
And where the iron nails had fit.
Looking up into His eyes, suddenly a fire arose.
'It's time the 'king' of this world to depose.'
So I took His hand, and began to rise,
Agreeing to fight 'til Satan's demise.
'Be strong and courageous, and I will be with you.
But do not doubt the things I call you to do.'
With a loving smile and yet burning look,
He left to reclaim all that the enemy had took.
So tomorrow I'll awake, and there will He be,
Still watching and looking over me.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Still With Me by Andrew Hinton )
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)