Still With Me
I awoke today with the Son holding my hand,
Telling me 'Today's the day I heal your land.'
He took me to the Book and He taught me to say,
'Lord thank you again for a beautiful day.'
Then closing my eyes and clasping my hands,
He pushed back all of life's hard demands.
Then grabbing my arm and helping me rise,
'I love you son.' As He looked me in the eyes.
I fell back down and started to weep,
Asking why now His promise He'd keep.
Then He shook His head and let out a sigh,
Tears in His eyes he said, 'For you I'd die.'
And then I saw where the whip had bit,
And where the iron nails had fit.
Looking up into His eyes, suddenly a fire arose.
'It's time the 'king' of this world to depose.'
So I took His hand, and began to rise,
Agreeing to fight 'til Satan's demise.
'Be strong and courageous, and I will be with you.
But do not doubt the things I call you to do.'
With a loving smile and yet burning look,
He left to reclaim all that the enemy had took.
So tomorrow I'll awake, and there will He be,
Still watching and looking over me.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Still With Me by Andrew Hinton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Michael P. McParland
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Of Nature.Of free Will., SAK Reddy
- A Lasting Psalm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Catalyst, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide
- The good theme, hasmukh amathalal
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland