Still as Confused
The gentle dog lays his broken soul
on the cement in Arizona sunlight
Sun that bleeds life and warmth
onto the painted mountains
Dog - - carries his loyalty
his lonely, impoverished dog dignity
throughout this confusing
world of Man...
Does the dog know why he lives
to fight another day?
Do we ourselves know why?
-Now the clouds bring their overcast,
temporary gloom, and the wind
The trees bow their heads
in silent prayer
and for dogs and cats as well
who drag their shattered
around in the magical scenes
-their eyes gleam
until they are splattered
on a road one unlucky day
- or the day they die of old age
still as confused (maybe even more so)
as they were in priceless, innocent youth.
- -The sun cuts a hole
in the clouds again
resurrecting cigarette butts in ashtrays
-the sun is a brilliant ball of Hope
to remove my neck from this rope.
Ray Quesada's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Still as Confused by Ray Quesada )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh