Death it came and it visited me
All the while that I was sleeping
From my body I was to be set free
As death it came for the reaping.
It wanted to take my soul from me
As it came to give me my eternal rest
But first to it I had to agree
Before it took me on my final quest.
I would be taken to my last reward
My deeds on earth had been completed
My soul would be presented unto the Lord
And happily there I will be greeted.
I then dreamt of the life that I had
And my unfinished projects and deeds
More to my life I needed and wanted to add
As other men souls stopped, my soul precedes.
Deeply I thought before I was taken
As I lied quite and still in my bed
I wanted to work and give and to be awaken
I was not ready to be one of the dead.
Death it comes for the sad and the teary
It is not yet ready for me to take
As I am one of the tired and weary
For my life I will and must always stay awake.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Staying Awake by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam