I don't want to go away, but I have no reasons to stay
This world doesn't need me here, these words no one hears
I want to stay, it doesn't need to be this way
I want to stay, I still have so much left to say (left to say)
I have a song that must be sung, I realized that I'm much to young, to go and throw it all away
So I'll stay
Lying here on the floor, trying to find something worth fighting for
You come to me when I’m in need, so please just stay next to me
Please don’t ever go away, why can’t it be this way.
Stand with me by my side, and guide me into the light
Take a chance and hold my hand, and help me become a better man.
You make me happy, sad, and so confused
And yet you continue to be my muse
So let’s take a chance, and dance the dance, and if it ever ends we’ll be the best of friends
You’ll never know unless we try, to hold each other through the night
Together we can heal, together we can feel
Tomorrow will be a better day, if you just stay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stay by Andrew Bauer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno
- without tears, RIC S. BASTASA
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji