Our father's goat
Has eaten our father's portion
So, pardon all the goats
The state is theirs.
No matter the gravity
Of their offence,
It does not matter
How many have transited
Due their past brigandage
Just pardon them.
Pardon them, they are bigmen,
Pardon them due to their connections,
Grant them pardon because of political ties
After all they are our kinsmen.
Pardon all the looters, criminals, armed robbers
Grant the terrorists amnesty
Let's give all criminals state pardon
Until we create saints out of 'Judases'
Babatunde Aremu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (State Pardon by Babatunde Aremu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa