Our father's goat
Has eaten our father's portion
So, pardon all the goats
The state is theirs.
No matter the gravity
Of their offence,
It does not matter
How many have transited
Due their past brigandage
Just pardon them.
Pardon them, they are bigmen,
Pardon them due to their connections,
Grant them pardon because of political ties
After all they are our kinsmen.
Pardon all the looters, criminals, armed robbers
Grant the terrorists amnesty
Let's give all criminals state pardon
Until we create saints out of 'Judases'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (State Pardon by Babatunde Aremu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ode, Morgan Michaels
- Milk, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A ROBBER'S UGLY ORDEALS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman
- Hunter, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sun Rise -The Hope, Aftab Alam
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders