Being a squirrel, I wave my tail.
Humans grabbed me to check this out.
Why do I wave it when I hail
A rattlesnake that comes about?
Humans think it a silly thing
That I would act with a snake so.
Aren't I worried the snake will spring
Because I'm doing my tail show?
So the humans bribed me with treats
To wander where a 'snake' would be,
To observe my tail waving feats.
I played along, but that's just me.
There's nothing much sillier than
Humans with a 'snake in the can.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Squirrel Twirl by Ima Ryma )
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman