Sprinkles for Dinner?
I flexed my stone throw
Like a rubber band.
I hoped the glass would taste
Like Shock Tarts.
As pieces embedded into my tongue
I found a way
To organize my endeavors
Into a speech
Better reserved for prayer.
I recognized all purposes to kneel.
I thought of few that didn’t involve
I desired a kneeling temptation.
I found a sober quality in the words
As they were spoken
In day to day conversation
The text prepared them
Thus assuring an addictive smile
As goes any cultural trend…
The words became digested in mass quantity.
The people abandoned proper speech
For something with more
That’s why churches and sex stores
Are open 24hours.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sprinkles for Dinner? by A.j. Binash )
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai