Sprinkles for Dinner?
I flexed my stone throw
Like a rubber band.
I hoped the glass would taste
Like Shock Tarts.
As pieces embedded into my tongue
I found a way
To organize my endeavors
Into a speech
Better reserved for prayer.
I recognized all purposes to kneel.
I thought of few that didn’t involve
I desired a kneeling temptation.
I found a sober quality in the words
As they were spoken
In day to day conversation
The text prepared them
Thus assuring an addictive smile
As goes any cultural trend…
The words became digested in mass quantity.
The people abandoned proper speech
For something with more
That’s why churches and sex stores
Are open 24hours.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sprinkles for Dinner? by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji