Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
The Fay had flown from fairy-land
To usher spring on earth;
With golden tresses, wand in hand,
Her beauty caused much mirth.
Like butterfly, white winged, she came
In flowing bridal veil;
And as she trod the world, the dame,
Flowers of hues filled dale.
The air perfumed spread far and wide
And lured insects and birds;
She glanced around landscape with pride,
And spoke soft verdure words.
The queen of seasons, spring brought cheer
And winter vanished fast;
Then came all beasts including deer,
Victim of magic cast.
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.