Split my heart, go on, split
Split my heart, go on, split;
See all the things in it.
There are those who mock us
Among this populace.
This road is full of traps:
It's too long, with huge laps;
Blocks on it leave no gaps;
It leads to deep waters.
On this road we depart
With true love in each heart,
But they set us apart
Now our exile tortures.
Let those who really dare
Step into the ring where
The champions don't care
If life ends or endures.
Yunus feels no craving
To step into that ring
Where the real heroes bring
Before us their full force.
Yunus Emre's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Split my heart, go on, split by Yunus Emre )
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
- Street Culture, Angela K Brown
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
- Spell, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- White water-lily, Mark Heathcote
- Dance With Me, Alesia Leach
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)