It hurts me to see a spitting image of me standing in front of my face
I know that you saw how much I destroyed things in your life.
I also want you to see that I changed my life for The Lord, your brother and you.
I am glad that you can see that a man can change his life around by admitting his mistakes.
You are an amazing young man and you make me proud.
There is one more thing I need to say to you.
Even though you are still young,
I hope that I can one day restore the trust and love between us.
Yes, you take after me, but there is one thing that I know that you get from one other person in your life, that is the commitment and love for everyone in life
I love you my son,
An I hope maybe one day will read this message to you
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spitting Image by Frank Pulver )
- Lonely On The Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Lonely On A Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Stone, I do admit, gajanan mishra
- O Time, Stop You, It's My Birthday! Let .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Release, Fiona Davidson
- Jacques the Last, John F. McCullagh
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
- Sinkin' boat, Aftab Alam
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)