It hurts me to see a spitting image of me standing in front of my face
I know that you saw how much I destroyed things in your life.
I also want you to see that I changed my life for The Lord, your brother and you.
I am glad that you can see that a man can change his life around by admitting his mistakes.
You are an amazing young man and you make me proud.
There is one more thing I need to say to you.
Even though you are still young,
I hope that I can one day restore the trust and love between us.
Yes, you take after me, but there is one thing that I know that you get from one other person in your life, that is the commitment and love for everyone in life
I love you my son,
An I hope maybe one day will read this message to you
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spitting Image by Frank Pulver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby for the doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey