Spirit of Christmas
In yesteryears I've been tossed aside
My name scratched out
into a mass of sale. My spirit so
long defiled by this farce.
The Spirit of Christmas is a gift
not this coloured pine tree
nor that dusty ole beard
not a fancy red hat.
The Spirit of Christmas is the joy
is the light of the world
the purple heart of Christ.
The Spirit of Christmas is
no fancy white snow
but a smile and care
to share in his light.
The Spirit of Christmas
is a child
born to save
you and I
Godfrey Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spirit of Christmas by Godfrey Morris )
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar
- What a scene, hasmukh amathalal
- Pastoral, Naveed Khalid