Spirit of Christmas
In yesteryears I've been tossed aside
My name scratched out
into a mass of sale. My spirit so
long defiled by this farce.
The Spirit of Christmas is a gift
not this coloured pine tree
nor that dusty ole beard
not a fancy red hat.
The Spirit of Christmas is the joy
is the light of the world
the purple heart of Christ.
The Spirit of Christmas is
no fancy white snow
but a smile and care
to share in his light.
The Spirit of Christmas
is a child
born to save
you and I
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spirit of Christmas by Godfrey Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Need..., Mallika Achuthan Menon
- I've Found Love At last, Masereka Amos
- FOR A FATHER AND SON, Phil Soar
- Burying His Own, Masereka Amos
- the life ring doesn't fit, Mandolyn ...
- Unspoken Harmony, F. J. Thomas
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Haiku: Lessons Taught To Me By Women, Brian Johnston
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown