Prices are like they say
Birds of prey
They tend to soar
I mean they are not like cattle
You can send Marys
To fetch home.
They are free spirits
Like truant children
Who refuse to turn in
For the night
And carry on killing
At their video game.
You want to have free markets
You have to free prices
When you do that
Things will be volatile
For a short while
Or for a long while
I can't tell the big boys
Chasing big margins
To hold price lines
Look at all those billionaires
Making it to Forbes in droves
The more of them you have
The better we look on the big stage
We have to go exclusive
Before we can become inclusive
We have to leave people behind
Before we can take them on board
I mean you can't become a tiger
If you worry about eating lambs
Remember what the doctor
Told the emperor
'Globalisation is not a painless thing! '
So the moral of the story is
To spin is not to sin
And to lie well is swell
As long as you know what you sell.
Prabhakar Subramaniam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spin doctor by Prabhakar Subramaniam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Autumn Divine, Chris Schleier, Jr.