Spilling Milk..... [OOPS! ; refrigerator accident; personal]
I may have caused a great big mess.
If I knew for sure I did it, I would confess.
SOMEONE placed an open carton on its side.....
in refrigerator, and from the carton milk did slide.
I DO confess I put it on its side, but NOT so it would spill.
I wanted to blame my wife for THAT, but perhaps I need a memory pill....
to give me one of those memories of which I’ve heard ……
which allows a person to remember their life word-for-word.
I don’t like to run out of milk for my cereal or “hot” drink.
We have a full-sized refrigerator; it should be good for two, don’t you think?
TWO people that is, and, in this case, two half-gallons of milk as well.
But my wife has it crammed with stuff; the identity of some I cannot tell.
So when I’m running low on milk, I stop at the nearby grocery store.....
to buy more milk, and sometimes carrots, and bananas. Sometimes more.
I put the unopened carton of milk in “its spot” in the fridge door,
and I place almost-empty carton on its side (on other “stuff”) so it will not pour........
I’ve done it before with no problem and heard no complaints.
[I guess I’m lucky to have a wife who puts on me (ha ha) few restraints.]
But a few days ago something in our kitchen went horribly wrong,
and I’ve been ordered to write a poem about it: “AND MAKE IT LONG! ”.
I guess it probably WAS my fault completely after all. Okay! I confess.
BUT, .... not trusting me with the job (I guess) , MY WIFE cleaned up the mess.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spilling Milk..... [OOPS! ; refrigerator accident; personal] by Bri Edwards )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Trinmul Congress Party Will Definite.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Bulls, I Mean The Communists, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Am Something, Human Ego, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu