Spilling Milk..... [OOPS! ; refrigerator accident; personal]
I may have caused a great big mess.
If I knew for sure I did it, I would confess.
SOMEONE placed an open carton on its side.....
in refrigerator, and from the carton milk did slide.
I DO confess I put it on its side, but NOT so it would spill.
I wanted to blame my wife for THAT, but perhaps I need a memory pill....
to give me one of those memories of which I’ve heard ……
which allows a person to remember their life word-for-word.
I don’t like to run out of milk for my cereal or “hot” drink.
We have a full-sized refrigerator; it should be good for two, don’t you think?
TWO people that is, and, in this case, two half-gallons of milk as well.
But my wife has it crammed with stuff; the identity of some I cannot tell.
So when I’m running low on milk, I stop at the nearby grocery store.....
to buy more milk, and sometimes carrots, and bananas. Sometimes more.
I put the unopened carton of milk in “its spot” in the fridge door,
and I place almost-empty carton on its side (on other “stuff”) so it will not pour........
I’ve done it before with no problem and heard no complaints.
[I guess I’m lucky to have a wife who puts on me (ha ha) few restraints.]
But a few days ago something in our kitchen went horribly wrong,
and I’ve been ordered to write a poem about it: “AND MAKE IT LONG! ”.
I guess it probably WAS my fault completely after all. Okay! I confess.
BUT, .... not trusting me with the job (I guess) , MY WIFE cleaned up the mess.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spilling Milk..... [OOPS! ; refrigerator accident; personal] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Woods, Only Woods, Hollywood, Bollywood,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Drunkard Saheb Lying Fallen And His .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Circles, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Oxygen of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Orospu, Muzaffer Akin
- Desperation in the eyes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- the Olympians, Emmanuel George Cefai
- we develop in pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Chances of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Permutations and combinations, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)