Spelliing Isn't Easy.... [Correcting A Young Person's Spelling; Spelling Tricks; My Mistake! ]
> It is true that some tasks are easier
> for some people than for others.
> I don't know if spelling is usually easier
> for sisters or for brothers.
> I've spoken English for over sixty years,
> and written it almost as long,
> but still sometimes when i spell words
> they come out.......oh so wrong!
> A bright young poet wrote me a poem,
> and she did her best.
> She was brave enough to sit at Ray's,
> unlike all the rest.
> I corrected spelling, but I LIKE her poem,
> and I told her it was so.
> She said she wasn't good at spelling.
> I hope I did not fill her with woe.
> Now I've read the poem again. It still
> is good and it even rhymes!
> But even a GREAT poet like ME
> needs help with English sometimes.
> So now I'll try to think of some tricks
> to help her along.
> If i were a great composer (I'm not)
> i could turn this into a song.
> SaLmon Lives in oceans, rivers, and Lakes.
> It may sound Like samon, but an L it takes.
> Flavorful only has 2 Ls, though you might think 3.
> It's the same for beautiful, as some flowers can be.
> Yogurt's a tough one. it has NO e, it is trUe.
> When YOU think of YOgUrt, just think of YOU!
> More than one banana is BANANAS, not banana's.
> Banana's is a contraction or shows possession.
> And remember the Y and apostrophe in THEY'RE.
> Good luck. Have fun. This is the end of the session.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
> Samon (sic) Frozen yogert (sic) banana
> Samon (sic) is Flavorfull (sic)
> Frozen yogert (sic) is Sweet
> banana's (sic) are Yummy
> there (sic) all good to eat
but then i did as the poem Spelliing Isn't Easy indicates. did YOU catch MY mistake? ? i really didn't notice it until i had sent it to the workshop teacher! YES, i think we all make mistakes; mine was a TYPO! really.
Comments about this poem (Spelliing Isn't Easy.... [Correcting A Young Person's Spelling; Spelling Tricks; My Mistake! ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns