Spelliing Isn't Easy.... [Correcting A Young Person's Spelling; Spelling Tricks; My Mistake! ]
> It is true that some tasks are easier
> for some people than for others.
> I don't know if spelling is usually easier
> for sisters or for brothers.
> I've spoken English for over sixty years,
> and written it almost as long,
> but still sometimes when i spell words
> they come out.......oh so wrong!
> A bright young poet wrote me a poem,
> and she did her best.
> She was brave enough to sit at Ray's,
> unlike all the rest.
> I corrected spelling, but I LIKE her poem,
> and I told her it was so.
> She said she wasn't good at spelling.
> I hope I did not fill her with woe.
> Now I've read the poem again. It still
> is good and it even rhymes!
> But even a GREAT poet like ME
> needs help with English sometimes.
> So now I'll try to think of some tricks
> to help her along.
> If i were a great composer (I'm not)
> i could turn this into a song.
> SaLmon Lives in oceans, rivers, and Lakes.
> It may sound Like samon, but an L it takes.
> Flavorful only has 2 Ls, though you might think 3.
> It's the same for beautiful, as some flowers can be.
> Yogurt's a tough one. it has NO e, it is trUe.
> When YOU think of YOgUrt, just think of YOU!
> More than one banana is BANANAS, not banana's.
> Banana's is a contraction or shows possession.
> And remember the Y and apostrophe in THEY'RE.
> Good luck. Have fun. This is the end of the session.
Poet Other Poems
- (Knotty) Conundrum; Naughty Condom (Or...
- (Marriage) Equality..... [see the tit...
- (Money) Laundering...... [White collar?...
- [Humor] Speak To Me, Moon..... [Speaking...
- [Humor]..... Not Sharing MY Food With Th...
- [Jake's] Christmas Eve.....[Exploration;...
- [War] Boy In An Envelope..... [War (Vi...
- 100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] .........
- 123.... Shabu.....[Mystery language fun;...
- 1AAA..... 'Wrong Verification Code'....[...
- 2013..... Happy New Year! ..... [Serious...
- 5 'Religious' Limericks.... [some 2006 t...
- 5th Wedding Anniversary...... [nicknames...
- '6 Foot 3'......[LONG; Scary; Gross; Mur...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
> Samon (sic) Frozen yogert (sic) banana
> Samon (sic) is Flavorfull (sic)
> Frozen yogert (sic) is Sweet
> banana's (sic) are Yummy
> there (sic) all good to eat
but then i did as the poem Spelliing Isn't Easy indicates. did YOU catch MY mistake? ? i really didn't notice it until i had sent it to the workshop teacher! YES, i think we all make mistakes; mine was a TYPO! really.