I tried to tell you I love you
but the words were hard to find.
I'm always thinking about you
you're the only one on my mind.
Oh why do I act so shy forever hiding my face
I should learn to laugh and not to cry put
yourself in my place.
There were times I tried to kiss you but
something told me no.
You wanted me to hold you
but I kept letting you go.
I'm afraid that I am not the guy
you've searched for all these years.
I will kindly leave now don't you cry
try to hold back your tears.
I haven't seen you for quite awhile
When I think of how we met it only brings back your smile.
I remember when I held you then and
told you we'd never part
I loved you then I love you now and
I'll forever hold you in my heart.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SPEECHLESS LOVE by Stanley Oguh )
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
- An Earthen Lamp, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Let me love you, gajanan mishra
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)