Speak Like Snakes
Speak your business as the snake said,
The seers of this fragile planet have worlds,
And soft sacred sounds echo from the wilder regions.
The wisdom of Science enters the brains of elders
From the wise magicians, offering a deal to the rest.
Golden fists damage the gauntlets that have attached,
A glittering red symbol has been a friend to the seeking
Crew, who realise the sanctuaries and the cabins of brightness.
My worthy snake hisses further than pauses,
On a level of larger saints and monsters.
There are no times in the life that infer a result
To the snaking and worldly living,
But crews such as these say upon serpents,
Disturbing us with their intelligence,
Spikes abound and fires fly up into the sky.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Speak Like Snakes by Naveed Akram )
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle