Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Vice Begets More Vice
No evil mind or heart is called righteous;
An evil source begets just evil things;
Devils don’t care if life is most precious;
True charity from hearts good, loudly rings.
Goodness isn’t born from wretched human hearts;
You cannot feign for long doing good deeds;
Results are bad from total of bad parts;
To fire goes bad grain and harmful weeds.
Though potable is water made from brine,
God fills with water rivers fresh to drink;
A country can’t progress with vice and wine;
Sane minds and hearts can only good thoughts ink.
More evil’s born from evil every day;
The good, one does in truth alone will stay.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Vice Begets More Vice by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ceremony, Marshall Gass
- Soliloquy, Brioney Leon
- Tingling, Marshall Gass
- The Light of Your Smile, Jeffrey Gonell
- limericks section (more to be added) f.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar