Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: The Tempter Always Tempts All Men
When Adam, Eve, first parents did not heed
To God’s Command to not ingest one fruit,
At that instance was sown in man, the seed
Of sin, and temptations galore took root!
The Tempter knows the heart of man is weak;
His body loves to do all earthly things;
In battered life, his mind and heart grow meek;
He opens them to devil, who woe brings!
Our Savior Lord Christ Jesus, Son of God,
Was born on earth and died upon the cross,
To spare all sinners punishments –just rod,
Through resurrection and life-blood loss!
But man can overcome each temptation
Like Christ, avoiding hell’s fire-damnation!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-11-2-13
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.