Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Rule Your Life
Life gives me thorns that appear like roses;
Life gives me strife that become stepping stones;
Life turns desert reminding of Moses;
Life tempts my flesh; I love the ‘marrowed’ bones!
Life gives downpours but I am warm within;
Life gives much sun; I seek the trees’ shadow;
Life gives vices but I avoid big sin;
Life gives machines; I choose the simple hoe.
Life brings me woes but they strengthen my heart;
Life brings landslides but I am upon rock;
Life gives lucre but I prefer the cart;
Life gives fashions but still I love the frock!
Life gives most things I never wish to get;
My selflessness and prudence wins, I bet.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-8-2005
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Rule Your Life by Dr John Celes )
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath