Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: Rule Your Life
Life gives me thorns that appear like roses;
Life gives me strife that become stepping stones;
Life turns desert reminding of Moses;
Life tempts my flesh; I love the ‘marrowed’ bones!
Life gives downpours but I am warm within;
Life gives much sun; I seek the trees’ shadow;
Life gives vices but I avoid big sin;
Life gives machines; I choose the simple hoe.
Life brings me woes but they strengthen my heart;
Life brings landslides but I am upon rock;
Life gives lucre but I prefer the cart;
Life gives fashions but still I love the frock!
Life gives most things I never wish to get;
My selflessness and prudence wins, I bet.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-8-2005
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.