Sonnet: Life Of A Quadriplegic...
Spending a life as a Quadriplegic,
is something that even Death calls tragic.
His whole World is confined to a wheel-chair,
it smothers despite breathing open air.
He desperately wants to pick his bowl,
feed himself and in garden take a stroll.
He misses the warmth felt in an embrace,
and needs a hand to even tie shoe-lace.
To kill off his boredom he has to be,
in a room with his lifeless friend- T.V.
The pain roused by his numbness is massive,
but he has learned the art of being passive.
When all take things for granted in Life's race,
he chuckles, while a tear rolls down his face...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Life Of A Quadriplegic... by Sujay Patekar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- i'd like to be trapped in a small space .., Mandolyn Davidson
- Learning of deserving quality books is v.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- From lord, hasmukh amathalal
- Kept In The Shadow, John Ugolo Umah
- Your Attachments Speak Volumes, LUVinThe NOW
- Lended Life, John Ugolo Umah
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey