Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Is There Not Joy?
Is there not joy in being man, woman?
Is there not joy inhabiting the earth?
Is there not joy in being an Indian?
Is there not joy in having still our breath?
Is there not joy in being born well formed?
Is there not joy with senses all intact?
Is there not joy with brain so well informed?
Is there not joy in living for truth/ fact?
Is there not joy believing in one God?
Is there not joy in fighting evils?
Is there not joy when Friend is but the Lord?
Is there not joy resisting all devils?
Is there not joy preparing for Heaven?
Is there not joy to say always, `Amen’?
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Is There Not Joy? by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Jogging OAP, Phil Soar
- The Pale Hand Of Summer Rain, Julian Mann
- It's safe there, SALINI NAIR
- Cremation to Creation, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Night Sky, Rajendra Nagdev
- fire and Ice, Clara Keiper
- Word Skinning, Ima Ryma
- Scaffold, Naveed Khalid
- Poems Without Words, Richard Autry
- The inner child, bryan wallace