Sonnet - II (I pray you shall not leave me in the Spring)
I pray you shall not leave me in the Spring
Nor yet in Autumn ever to depart
I could not bear to hear the sweet birds sing
If then you chose to break my tender heart
I beg you do not leave in Summertime
When all the flowers be in fullest bloom
O leave me not in Winter's icy clime
For then, my love, would ever be too soon
And when the bright sun rises every day
So too when evening shadows soft descend
‘Tis then I ask that you will ever stay
That our sweet love may never yet thus end
O leave me when my heart has turned to stone
For then, my love, I deem to be alone
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet - II (I pray you shall not leave me in the Spring) by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah