The Sword That's Sheathed
I am not one who walks through desert storms
I am no hero searching for the truth
I walk down paths with those who misinformed
Believe I am more than a common youth
I have not lived an honest life thus far
Though when I am alone the truth shines bright
The light casts shadows where my morals are
And evil lurks behind in darkened fright
So should I grasp the hilt or leave the sword
To let the rust embrace the steel, my friend
At least, it was before I had explored
And found that path would really never end
In truth, I think the sword is better sheathed
To hide the lie that’s best not ever breathed.
Nick Kasparie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet II by Nick Kasparie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen