Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski
Alas, hardpressed the whirling orbs
And swift Titan hie fleeting hours,
And cleave delights with woe avid
Death might - fast on us, she strides!
Whilst I, onward, mark more the deep
Shadow of my wrongs that prey untold
On a heart cowed now by constant woe,
And with tears, my youthful faults I rue.
Power, delights, wealth, such ado,
Tho ne'er for naught, 'tis ill they work,
For our desire they turn astray
From its rightful bliss (God we name).
Brief gains! O blissful a hundredfold
Who knows quick these shadows' true shape!
Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet I by Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski )
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)