Dorian Petersen Potter
Sonnet – Books
I've always been so fascinated by books,
And since a child they have called me.
They contain magic no matter how they look.
In pursuit of knowledge they hold the key.
Books can be found-well- just about anywhere,
And we don't have to go lookin' far away.
Some are ordinary ones and some are rare!
Some give us wisdom and some take away!
Books may come in all kind of shapes and form,
But never be fooled by its cover, my friend!
There's so much to be learnt from a single book,
Just read one and put it to good intend!
There are many good books but some are bad;
And some great ones, can make hearts warm and glad!
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet – Books by Dorian Petersen Potter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Today I Watched A fly, Kyle Schlicher
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak