Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Avoid Undue Risks To Life
Our life on earth is loveliest God’s gift;
He gave it freely out of love divine;
God abhors sin that causes great a rift,
Between the seed in fruit and trunk of Vine.
God watches every creature with much care;
He has great plans for everyone He made;
The curious mind and heart of man does dare
To take undue risks from which life could fade.
Man’s life God gave is priceless wealth on earth;
He should not put his life at risk with ease;
God has a special purpose for each birth;
Man’s end is brought by accidents, disease.
Life ebbs with age which no one can prevent;
Preserve your precious life by wisdom lent.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Avoid Undue Risks To Life by Dr John Celes )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov