Sonnet About Control
When I was young, hearing the great voice of dad and mum
Exactly what the procedures was I could not understand,
Measures at home, filling the void their parents had begun
Key prevention dominates the room and captured command.
The value of control fanning their idolize way of domination
How to exercise caution through the experiment of authority,
We became strong, took ownership and demand determination
The things we love and hate took notions in our community.
The bad go wandering might benefit from regulate adventure,
The good procedures parting checks that needs new direction,
Waves of high standards surrender the framework structure
In struggling man lies the curb of undefeated milestone.
Quantum of awards shape the chains that keep them bound
Controlling decades evoke powers with discipline sound.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet About Control by Gerry Legister )
Did you read them?
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi