Sonnet # 9
I cannot say I've never loved.
I've loved from dawn to night.
And when the stars have seen me sleep,
I've loved whilst in their sight.
I've loved in youthful ways of yore
with bright eyed wonder and praise.
I've loved with ardent fervor
all of Mother Nature's ways.
I've loved as a woman loves a man
and gave in to the feeling of bliss.
And when I felt loved in return
there was nothing better than this.
I cannot say I've never loved
for then I would be lying
And when I feel the approach of death
my love goes beyond my dying.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet # 9 by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland