Sonnet 33: Where Beauty Lay My Love Lies Alongside
Where beauty lay my love lies alongside
In your beauty lies the truth of my heart
How therefore can the truth of my love chide?
And so I have to play sweet Cupids part.
This love of mine cannot be unfaithful
For to neglect this love would be a lie,
And to love thy beauty is delightful,
So a lie is something I would not try.
With your hair coloured like the daffodil
Your complexion like a pink rose
That does give my dear true heart such a thrill,
Out of all others it was thee I chose.
The beauty of love is truth itself blest
And the truth of love is a treasure chest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 33: Where Beauty Lay My Love Lies Alongside by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Life's Connection, Sandra Feldman
- A TUTTI VOI, UN' OFFERTA CON AMORE!, Monk E. Biz
- Life...Please Come In, Kanwaljit Bhullar
- Sweet Home, Tony Adah
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak