Sonnet # 243
Oh, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas time!
Give me my wish before my time to die.
Please, Christmas, listen to this sonnet`s rhyme!
Give my my wish, for it I here sing high.
Make peace on earth, and ever it to stay,
And illness kill; make happy children`s faces.
Make all the world be glee in eternal day
Where love we love and love all human races;
Hunger no more and poverty made dead.
For time the first make mind agree with heart,
And no more tears of sadness to be shed.
And from this bliss the earth ne`er to depart.
If some do laugh, but still many do weep,
Please Christmas, hear; the world its pain does keep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet # 243 by Luis Estable )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas