Sonnet # 243
Oh, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas time!
Give me my wish before my time to die.
Please, Christmas, listen to this sonnet`s rhyme!
Give my my wish, for it I here sing high.
Make peace on earth, and ever it to stay,
And illness kill; make happy children`s faces.
Make all the world be glee in eternal day
Where love we love and love all human races;
Hunger no more and poverty made dead.
For time the first make mind agree with heart,
And no more tears of sadness to be shed.
And from this bliss the earth ne`er to depart.
If some do laugh, but still many do weep,
Please Christmas, hear; the world its pain does keep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet # 243 by Luis Estable )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane