Sonnet # 243
Oh, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas time!
Give me my wish before my time to die.
Please, Christmas, listen to this sonnet`s rhyme!
Give my my wish, for it I here sing high.
Make peace on earth, and ever it to stay,
And illness kill; make happy children`s faces.
Make all the world be glee in eternal day
Where love we love and love all human races;
Hunger no more and poverty made dead.
For time the first make mind agree with heart,
And no more tears of sadness to be shed.
And from this bliss the earth ne`er to depart.
If some do laugh, but still many do weep,
Please Christmas, hear; the world its pain does keep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet # 243 by Luis Estable )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey