Songs of Resonance
Ages have dawned and come and gone
The last of us are yet still here to remain.
I am all and one with this world
Commune to rise in Earth and Blood.
Savage nature is not a definition
But an abstract of who we are.
To sing a hymn of change in vain
And say what is lost will never to be found?
A concept that is the edge of our cosmos
And I would not let us be defined so.
We are not as the ages would portray
For there is harmony in resonance worth striving for.
If there is difference to be made
Then this world will change, for we are eternity
And eternity is forever a constant
In the decision to fester or grow.
Not leaving us to chance fate but rather
Decide our own outcome to be.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Songs of Resonance by Mikey Bachman )
- Truth, Jonathan H. Scott
- Hindi haiku - diwali, S.D. TIWARI
- You With Your Wild Strawberries Will Nev.., mary douglas
- A jumping bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- There are heroes, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love counts the hours, Mark Heathcote
- My Deck, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A trip to rotgut, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A recipe for a poem, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)