Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski
To Thee, eternal Defender of all creation,
I call, frail, commiserate, nowhere secure.
Keep me in close watch, and in my each anxiety,
Hasten to bring aid to my wretched soul.
With Thy rod, do but quell the blind flesh
So laden with vain, lowly, ill-working lust;
For shame it seeks sway o'er its own soul:
Fairer if what's to decay serves what's forever!
And ye, cov'tous hosts (Lord God, my Defence),
Show your heels and take your infamy unending,
Ye who deny God's creation the wealth (whence you
Were forced) and the praise to thine own Maker.
My Bliss, my Praise, let them fast feel shame
Who sing me sweetness of other praise, not Thee.
What hath man not Thine? Yet who in Thy gifts
Be vain, eternal King, Thy gifts would he lose.
So happy, so jubilant they who confess
That the good be Thine, who seek Thee
And adornment unending, who take pains
To love Thee alone full-willing, O Lord.
Aye, reckon me in that count, kind Father,
Whilst here, grant me but mark I'm lowly dust
And, unmatched for a tempest's heavy ordeals,
May I know as my strengths thy great mercies.
Still who's content, arrayed yet in mail
Of adamant, if war long and hard he endures?
So I beg: Thou who in battle art Defender,
Tarry not, Peace redeeming, giving unto us Thyself!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song V by Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey